21 May 2008

Introducing...

A S H E R

W I L L I A M

H A M P T O N

After several weeks of thinking and thinking and thinking we have named our son! We love this name because it has a very special meaning.

Asher - In the Old Testament, Asher was the 8th son of Jacob and basically his name means "happy and blessed by God" and "promised a life full of abundance and blessing."

Then Leah said, "How happy am I! The women will call me happy."
So she named him Asher.

Genesis 30:13


William - This is to honor a very important man in Roger's life. William was Roger's honorary father at our wedding and has been an important part of Roger's life for many years.

So, now the baby is named and all we have to do is wait for him to get here. I am now at 24 weeks and my belly seems to be getting bigger every day.

Asher is always moving and kicking. Sometimes he even curls up on one side of my belly and I can feel a hard spot, I am guessing that's his back or head. He now weighs more than a pound and is about a foot long.

In 10 days Grandma Susan and Uncle Mel will be arriving and bringing with them all of the stuff we have bought for Asher. I think I need to start making space for him in our extra bedroom. While they are visiting we will be able to go have a 4D ultrasound and a regular ultrasound at my doctor's appointment. We are also going to check out the Labor and Delivery floor at the hospital so they can see where Asher will be born.


No comments: