16 August 2008

Baby Shower

The one thing I have definitely missed out on by not being in the States are baby showers. This really had me down and extremely jealous of all those people who got to make registries and get all those super cute baby things.
Yesterday all of the ladies here threw me a wonderful shower. We had a great time eating, opening gifts, playing games and sharing advice. I feel like I learned so much and I had a great time.
Here are some pictures from the shower.

Charlotte sent decorations from America, she may not be here, but her style still is.

I got a lot of great baby stuff from everybody. I got sheets for Asher's bed, clothes, lots of diapers, bath stuff, socks, pacifiers and some little toys. You can see the personalized "Asher" wrapping paper in this picture.

Look at all that food! They went all out on the brunch menu and we had some good stuff.

Of course there was a cake. It was so good that I ate it for breakfast this morning!

We had so much fun spending time together and playing with knives.



We enjoyed some classic baby shower games, Judy tore it up and won all of the games.

Everybody put in their guesses about Asher's birthday and size. If you want in on the contest leave a comment or send me an email. The winner will probably not get a prize, but you definitely get bragging rights.

Here are the guesses from yesterday:
Bethany: 7 lbs 1 oz, 20.5 inches, 12 September
Nancy: 6 lbs 2 oz, 20 inches, 15 September
Judy: 8 lbs, 21 inches, 18 September
Lindsey: 8 lbs 1 oz, 21 inches, 17 September
Reagan: 7 lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches, 23 September
Charlotte: 7 lbs 14 oz, 9 September

Okay, the final thing from yesterday. Everybody wrote cards for us with advice, a prayer or scripture. I made a collage for Asher's room.

No comments: