06 August 2011

The Past Few Weeks

We've been sick around here the past few weeks. It's like as soon as one person gets well another person gets sick. And on and on it goes.

Jack and I have been the most recent victims, but I think we are finally on the mend. Our most recent round has included croup for Jack and a stomach virus for me.

I blame Asher. He goes to school and brings home all this little preschool germs. But, the thing is these are not normal preschool germs, they are Thai preschool germs, unlike any these Americans have ever experienced. Somehow Asher usually gets the mildest illness and Roger and I get it the worse.

After so many weeks of having sick people around we are really behind. I haven't studied Thai in two weeks, Roger has been teaching a government English class and has yet to go to class healthy. The house is a wreck, the clothes are not clean. But, we have had plenty of time to sit on the couch and watch movies. That was definitely the best part of being sick.

In one of our non-sick moments we had some friends over. Braidynn and Asher spent quite a bit of time together when we were in Vancouver. Now they each have a little brother to hold. I think Jack looks like a giant baby next to sweet little Aben.

Now I'm off to re-wash my laundry (it got rained on) and get ready for another day.

2 comments:

jill & kay photography said...

call me crazy... but i'm betting that one of the movies you watched during all this sickness was (if asher had anything to do with it) toy story 2. am i right? :)

- jill

Shirley said...

Such a cute boy and baby