30 November 2011

Eleven Months

Month eleven has been pretty low-key for Baby Jack. Besides one new tooth (bring the total to 8) not a lot has happened. He's still not walking and he's still really good at crawling around and getting into things.


I'm not sure how much he weighs, but I am going to try really hard to finally make it to the doctor for his 9 month shots this week. I assume he still weighs around 18 pounds.
*Okay, I was almost right. He weighs 19 lbs (8.7 kg) and is 28 inches (71 cm) long.*

His new favorite thing is the dog.



He also has learned to jump up and down while holding on to the edge of the couch or a small table. When music comes on or he gets excited he really gets going.


The baby sign thing was pretty easy to start with him. I signed "milk" and then held up a cup. He signed "milk" and then took the cup. We pretty much use that sign for anything in a cup. And really I think he uses it whenever he wants something to eat or drink. I keep trying to teach him to sign "more" but he prefers to stick to his own language and just bang his hands on his tray until we give him what he wants.


The boy loves to eat and will pretty much eat anything. I prefer for him to feed himself and I think he likes that, too.

Jack is still all baby and since he is my baby I think it will be a long time before he looks like a big boy to me. This next month should be fun as we celebrate his birthday and see if he will walk as early as Asher did.

No comments: