20 November 2010

Calling All Cooks!

I'm trying to get a few things done before Baby Jack gets here. One of my big projects is to have several meals in the freezer so that we don't starve after the baby is born. I still remember the first few days after Asher was born and before my mom arrived in Indonesia, if we didn't get pizza or McDonald's delivered we didn't really eat. (Side Note: I do love that in Asia you can get pretty much anything delivered to your house on a motorbike. What better way to eat unhealthy food than to not even have to leave your house?)

So far I am planning on making Chicken Spaghetti, Meatballs, Spaghetti Sauce and Sloppy Joes. I would love to have a few other dishes, but I don't know what to make. What do you suggest?

Here are a few rules:
1. If it has cheese it must be cheddar and even then cheese is a precious commodity.
2. Asher is allergic to peanuts and cashews and we try to avoid nuts in general just to be safe.
3. The more made from scratch the better. We can buy a lot of things in BKK, but really can't afford to pay $6 for a can of cream of mushroom soup.

Do you have any favorite meals that you like to make ahead and freeze? What did you do so that your family didn't go hungry when a new baby arrived?

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

What about soups?

Dada said...

I think that a ton of Cinnabon should do the trick. Daddy will be happy with that. And if that gets old you can order some wraps in from wrap-it. I don't know where the money will come from for this expensive endeavor, but it's something to think about na krub!

roger and courtney said...

I do like soup. Any recipe suggestions?